Greetings from Romania

THIS IS THE PLACE TO STOP BY, AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF IF YOU WISH, AND LET US GET TO KNOW YOU A LITTLE BETTER.
Post Reply
ConFIG
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2026 4:32 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Greetings from Romania

Post: # 109Post ConFIG »

Hello everyone!

My name is Florin, I’m from Bucharest, Romania and I have a collection of fig varieties, gathered around the world, which I am experimenting under different growing conditions (pollytunnel and right in the open in my garden).
I post and talk about this matter mostly on my FB page but also on other social media platforms under my alias known as ConFIG.

Thank you Robin for inviting me and for doing such a great job on getting all this info in one place! Keep up the good work!

I hope to see you all as active as the moderator team! :)

ConFIG
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 220 times
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Romania

Post: # 110Post Rob »

You are very welcome here Florin, I still have a great deal of material to add, but it's getting better every day, and everything can only improve with time. The more scientific information, and books we have access to the better for all.
Rigo007
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2026 11:14 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 8 times
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Romania

Post: # 113Post Rigo007 »

Welcome aboard, Florin!!!
User avatar
Davit
New Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2026 6:19 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: Greetings from Romania

Post: # 117Post Davit »

welcome :)
Since we are coming together as new members and we all have some background, let's share more information and our experiences... Would you share some info about Romanian figs? It would be great if you could include photos. The visual aspect tells us a lot...
By the way fig in Georgian is - ლეღვი (leghvi) The 'gh' is pronounced like the French 'r' or a gargling sound in the back of the throat :D
Fig Collector | Zone 8/9 | Georgia (west)
Post Reply

Return to “WELCOME EVERYONE!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests