Studies, and articles on pollination/caprification.
- Rob
- Site Admin
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
- Has thanked: 162 times
- Been thanked: 220 times
- Contact:
Studies, and articles on pollination/caprification.
There have been many studies and articles written on pollination/caprification, yet, unfortunately, many of them are misleading or just plain confusing. I experienced this first hand just after I found my first caprifig trees, and wanted to know much more, and honestly, it was a minefield. Fortunately, I had help from a great friend in Portugal, and with his amazing help, I believe the basics are really not too difficult to understand, until we really get way further down the rabbit hole, where the tiny grains of pollen are counted that the male flowers produce, and how fig wasps passively carry these tiny pollen grains etc.etc.etc. These are some of the better studies/articles written, I believe. If you have never even thought about pollinating any figs, this picture of a common fig pollinated at each week after pollination, and looking at the difference it can truly make, should make you think a little. Even if fig wasps are not possible where you are, hand pollination of figs using pollen from people with access to caprifig pollen is certainly possible, simple, and it should be inexpensive, even sent in the mail from a thousand kilometers away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adelaide, South Australia
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest