Persistance, and breeding figs.
Moderator: epiphyte
- Rob
- Site Admin
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
- Has thanked: 162 times
- Been thanked: 220 times
- Contact:
Persistance, and breeding figs.
I talk to Finn Kjellberg at times in emails, and I mentioned persistent,(parthenocarpic) non persistent caprifigs, and some sort of middle ground with them, and he mentioned this, and it is something that is not discussed in any studies I have ever seen. "If you look at offspring of parthenocarpic female fig trees you can get caprifig trees that are somewhat parthenocarpic." I need to follow up on this, and ask more questions, and of course the caprifig pollen used in the female figs to produce seeds needs to be from a parthenocarpic caprifig. Does that mean, that what we have been told for some time now, is that breeding any fig from persistent pollen does not necessarily mean that all offspring will be approx. 50% persistent/non persistent, and that we would also get San Pedro, and partial persistent caprifig trees? It sounds very logical to me.
Adelaide, South Australia
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests