Hello !

THIS IS THE PLACE TO STOP BY, AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF IF YOU WISH, AND LET US GET TO KNOW YOU A LITTLE BETTER.
Post Reply
Sandryn
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2026 7:25 pm
Contact:

Hello !

Post: # 172Post Sandryn »

Bonjour et France !

Bonjour à tous !

Je m'appelle Sandrine, je vis en France dans le départementde Haute Corrèze en pleine nature a 700m d altitude, saisons courtes, gel tardifs, beaucoup d’humilité. La température cet hiver est descendue a -17. J'ai commence a m'intéresser au figuiers il y a 1 an donc je suis très loin de tout connaître, j espère pouvoir apprendre de nouvelles choses et échanger avec vous !
Je n'ai pas beaucoup de variétés et suis toujours à la recherche de nouveautés pouvant résister chez moi.
J'aime beaucoup faire des expériences afin de voire les choses par moi-même ce qui peut aussi occasionner pas mal d'échecs.
J'ai pour but d'installer un verger de figues au milieu de ma forêt avec quelques variétées qui seront rentrées l hiver sous la serre.

Merci Robin d'avoir fait ce forum qui j'espère aidera et accueillera beaucoup de monde !

Au plaisir d'échanger avec vous ! ;)
User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 220 times
Contact:

Re: Hello !

Post: # 173Post Rob »

Translation.....Hello everyone!

My name is Sandrine, and I live in France in the Haute-Corrèze department, surrounded by nature at an altitude of 700 meters. The seasons are short, the frosts are late, and I have a lot of humility. This winter, the temperature dropped to -17°C. I started getting interested in fig trees a year ago, so I'm far from knowing everything. I hope to learn new things and share with you!

I don't have many varieties and am always looking for new ones that can thrive here.

I really enjoy experimenting to see things for myself, which can also lead to quite a few failures.

My goal is to establish a fig orchard in the middle of my forest with a few varieties that will be brought indoors for the winter.

Thank you, Robin, for creating this forum, which I hope will help and attract many people!

Looking forward to exchanging ideas with you! ;)


Hello again Sandrine,
It is GREAT to have you with us, I also love experimenting with everything with figs, and even after thousands of years, we do not know it all, and only by experimentation are we going to learn what is and is not possible, or best.
It will be very interesting to follow your fig orchard progress here, and just remember, everyone loves to see photos....but when you are ready, no stress.
Post Reply

Return to “WELCOME EVERYONE!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests