A cut open caprifig, showing many wasps.

User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 220 times
Contact:

A cut open caprifig, showing many wasps.

Post: # 23Post Rob »

This is what I generally see as soon as I cut a mature caprifig open. Even though the fig is still firm, and wasps are not issuing from the eye, they are still very busy inside the fig, and probably trying to find the best path out of it. Unlike what we read very often, male wasps rarely, if ever, clear tunnels through male flowers in caprifigs for females to follow.

User avatar
Rob
Site Admin
Posts: 394
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
Has thanked: 162 times
Been thanked: 220 times
Contact:

Re: A cut open caprifig, showing many wasps.

Post: # 35Post Rob »

This is one I took a couple of years ago, and this time it is a nice purple looking caprifig.

Post Reply

Return to “FIG WASPS INSIDE CAPRIFIGS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest