I have had studies on Ficus palmata, and palmata Forssk for some time, and looking up information concerning the caprifigs for these, I know I have seen 'virgata', in the past, but for whatever reason, I have not fully looked into it. I guess it may have had to do with the fact that virgata is not as well known, and also that it is not common, and it is not here that I have seen either.
What is interesting, is the resemblance between palmata and virgata trees, and it seems that the figs are the best givaway, virgata are only quite small, only 5grams at times. Some photos are below.
SORRY, THESE PHOTOS ARE ALL INCORRECT, I WILL GET THE CORRECT ONES AND UPDATE THIS POST!!! THERE IS A LOT OF CONFLICTING INFORMATION OUT THERE, THAT IS CERTAIN.
Ficus palmata subsp. virgata.
Moderator: epiphyte
- Rob
- Site Admin
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2026 11:21 pm
- Has thanked: 162 times
- Been thanked: 220 times
- Contact:
Ficus palmata subsp. virgata.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adelaide, South Australia
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
EMAIL... FHDU2026@outlook.com
WEBSITE...http://www.fighunter-downunder.com/forum/
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunter.downunder
FACEBOOK....https://www.facebook.com/groups/fighunt ... der.pollen
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest